Remote control help

However, https://www.umc-uk.co.uk/instruction-manuals/Sharp/5111K suggests that source change selection the [OK] button is the {Vol +} one on the TV... See page 13
Try that button?
Agreed.

Yep i did try both standby and every other single one seperately just to check i wasnt missing something lol and still no joy
I'm sorry, I know it sounds condescending, but can i ask you to get to the menu, press "Channel Down", until First Time Installation" is highlighted, then press "Volume Up" and see what happens?
It's just to satisfy my curiosity and if it doesn't work, there's something else going on with your set!

Screenshot_20240711-130951_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sponsored Links
There isnt a part though showing first time installation. When i go to menu it says picture/ media/ channels/ network/ settings. I presumed it would be in settings so when its highlighted i have went through every time and tried every single button to try and actually go into this if that makes sense but no joy.

There isnt a part though showing first time installation. When i go to menu it says picture/ media/ channels/ network/ settings. I presumed
Ok :)
"Menu"
"Channel Down" til "Settings" highlighted
"Volume Up"
"Channel Down" til "First Time Installation" highlighted
"Volume Up"

Will try that exactly when come home from work but defo have tried every button when the settings is highlighted and nothing letting me in :(

Sponsored Links
So just to update. After a lot of button pressing it turns out the button to select an option is by pressing the middle of menu and source button very quickly. So got into settings. There is nothing about remote control pairing there so I tried reset the tv. Nothing really different then. Also tried first time installation but all I get when I do this is the picture below. I am completely stumped and think it’s about time to give up :(

Attachments

• IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 37
Yep I did indeed. Nothing happened . Going to call the helpline here shortly.

It does seem to say Infared for some reason on the connectivity part. I do have an RF remote though but i just dont seem to be able to pair it thats the problem which i will still have i imagine if order these :(
The replacement remotes work out of the box, no pairing is required. Had a Sharps, Polaroid and JVC tv all just rebranded chinese tv all had identical remotes and worked with any of the 3 tv's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back