Removing bathtub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm currently renovating my house and we've reached the bathroom stage. We've had several plumbers come by to quote for removing the bathtub and installing a thermostatic shower. Unfortunately, none of them have followed through with quotes or showed up for the job.

Given the situation, I'm considering tackling it myself. The first step is removing the bathtub, which seems straightforward if it had isolation valves—but it doesn't. I've attached a picture of the pipes. Does anyone have any advice on what needs to be done to remove the bath? I assume I’d need to turn the water off in the entire house?

Thanks in advance for your help!
IMG_6208.jpeg
IMG_6210.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Are you confident to take on such a task?
Are you planing doing the complete install on your own?

Sponsored Links
I turn the boiler power off. Turn stop tap off.
Turn on the lower floor taps to drain water or your lowest tap.

Good to remove bath tap now

First get some isolation valves and install them as soon as you can to minimise turning the whole house off.

First get some isolation valves and install them as soon as you can to minimise turning the whole house off.
Personally (for him)I wouldn't. It's just something else that can leak.
With a combination boiler and and easy shut off mains valve then all is easy.

What with forums and YouTube I'd say crack on.
Might get interesting but I'm always impressed at how people can learn and do things themselves with a few pointers and cheering on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back