removing supply fuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

I am currently in the process of upgrading and replacing my consumer unit. My question is, is there a safe way of removing the supply fuse? the local electricity board say they cannot come out for at least 3-4 weeks, a joke I know, but I am almost complete and nee to hook it up very soon ( especially with my little monsters running around). I have done one before but wanted to know the safe way, I also know that sparkys do it but wanted a safe answer. For ref purposes I am currently on my 3rd year at college, studying electrical installation (16th edition) but have not covered this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I feel very strongly that the service fuse is best left to the REC. I understand that the connection is needed now, but in theory the work could have been timed to coincide with the rec's visit.

Working with live equipment at best requires training, experience and the right gear. And even then, you are not supposed to tamper with the REC's equipment...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back