Replacement Vehicle

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

He's still in his first year after passing his test, so he can't go for anything bigger than a 1.4. The premium hike would be too great.

Sponsored Links
Get a 1.2 fiesta.
Cheap to run, insure and parts are available off the shelf.
Also very easy to maintain.
I would personally spend no more than £2k and get an older one until he learns to drive properly and insurance goes down in price.

Get a 1.2 fiesta.
Cheap to run, insure and parts are available off the shelf.
Also very easy to maintain.
I would personally spend no more than £2k and get an older one until he learns to drive properly and insurance goes down in price.
That's not a bad shout.

But there's good and bad fiestas out there. Compare a few before choosing 1, get a feel for the right 1

Sponsored Links
I've told my lad it should be OK to drive. Not long term, but just to get it home.

He has two door mirrors, so that's OK.

The only thing I'm thinking of is construction and use. But I think it's OK.

IMG-20231205-WA0004~2.jpg

Well, Matt's Car is sort-of Japanese.

Built in the Netherlands.

Whether it's a classic or not, I dunno.

But it's certainly not usable!

I've told my lad it should be OK to drive. Not long term, but just to get it home.

He has two door mirrors, so that's OK.

The only thing I'm thinking of is construction and use. But I think it's OK.

View attachment 323928
As long as sufficient vision, lights and safety then no problem to drive home.

I've seen worse than this drive for weeks and weeks.

Seen worse presented for MOT, but.......

I just bought a 52 plate 1ltr yaris from a neighbour, £65.00, mot failure (airbag light) garage said its a scrapper, WD'd airbag connections on steering column after disconnecting battery day before, now all fine new mot good little motor to teach grand daughter to drive in, bargain the cat would be worth probably £150/200 on its own if I were to scrap it.

Sponsored Links
Back