Require advice and help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I drive a ford ford focus 1.6tdci 2012 it has an electronic throttle body and since I’ve owned the car the car has always shuddered when turning off and has come up with the code p02e4 - diesel air intake flow control stuck open I believe this is due to a faulty throttle body as I took it off yesterday and noticed the butterfly plate does not move at all it stays completely open all the time even when the car is sat at 700rpm the plate is completely open or when the car is turned off it will stay open am I right to replace this part? I’ve attached a photo of my throttle body off of my car and the plate will stay like that not matter what the car is doing

Sponsored Links
Sorry here you go

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 17
Don't get confused here......if your car had a petrol engine then the throttle body would be knackered.
The diesel engine is throttled by fuel delivery rather than air delivery so the usual rules don't apply!
John :)

Sponsored Links
is their still a need to replace the throttle body since it does not move at all I heard it can decrease engine performance and economy

I had to replace the throttle body on my diesel Freelander. Quite common on them, the nylon gear strips. Shuddering when shutting down was one of the symptoms.

The symptoms you're experiencing are consistent with a malfunctioning throttle body, particularly the fact that the butterfly plate is stuck in the open position. I think if you replaced the throttle body then the shuddering should stop.

Did you notice any other symptoms that could help pinpoint the problem further or was it just the shuddering?

Gear changes are rough some times mainly when changing up at a low rpm it would shudder sometimes not all the time and there is no cold start idle car will always sit at 700rpm when started on a morning

The symptoms you're experiencing are consistent with a malfunctioning throttle body, particularly the fact that the butterfly plate is stuck in the open position. I think if you replaced the throttle body then the shuddering should stop.

Did you notice any other symptoms that could help pinpoint the problem further or was it just the shuddering?
Okay I replaced the throttle body and it’s still doing the same thing completely staying open I’m unsure on what the problem is now

No the throttle body starts open we think it’s the egr valve as the throttle body stays open until the egr valve opens

Sponsored Links
Back