Resin for Oak Mantle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two 90mm thick, 140mm deep oak mantles to fit to either side of chimney breast. Stainless 10mm threaded bars have already been resined into the brickwork and project about 60mm (the nuts are irrelevant and were only there to clear the threads if they got plastered too!).

The plan is to drill out the three holes in the back of each mantle and slot them over the threaded bars.

Can I use normal 'Fisher' type anchor resin, or is there a better alternative for oak timber?

Attachments

• 20241018_105651.jpg
    20241018_105651.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 5
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Depth is 90mm then ?
Height 140mm.
No, depth is 140mm as in the OED definition:

'Depth, noun. Dimension or distance as measured downwards from the top'

The thickness is 90mm.

I tried to make the original post simple and brief enough to understand for a simple and brief reply. Please don't make it confusing for everyone because you misread the original post!

Your original post wasn't very clear, should have used height and width. Us in the know use depth for width and height we don't go looking in dictionaries for the OED definition.

Your original post wasn't very clear, should have used height and width. Us in the know use depth for width and height we don't go looking in dictionaries for the OED definition.
Wasn't very clear? I thought clarity was established in my second post regarding the '100mm' bar advice.

I only asked for advice on resin, but I'm getting an unsolicited lesson in dimensional semantics!

I was just trying to join in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back