Samsung washing machine won't drain on most cycles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strange problem with my Samsung Ecobubble.

On most cycles it gets stuck half-way through the cycle. No error code. It's just stuck on 44 mins, for example.

On a 15 min Quick Wash it gets stuck at the end as there is water in the drum that won't drain.

On a Rinse+Spin cycle it completes the cycle without issue and the water drains properly throughout the cycle and at the end.

I can't understand why it doesn't drain properly on most cycles except for Rinse+Spin where I can see the water draining out of the outlet.

I've cleaned out the filter and checked the impeller isn't blocked.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Pump knackered if over 5 years old probably. Can be a bit random with working or not working.
I took mine out and wired to a plug and was working fine although resistance test using cheap multi tester was high..
Swapped eventually and all good

I've got a cheap multi tester. Which I can use to test? What would indicate there's a problem?

I'm going to take it out now and will order a new pump.

I took mine out and wired to a plug and was working fine although resistance test using cheap multi tester was high..
For this model, if the motor is not for AC/Universal then plugging it in directly to mains won't be a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Ok. Mine was cheap at around £30 so worth a punt. Fixed though.

As for testing I just followed a YouTube video.

Is it best to buy the whole drain pump assembly or just the drain pump?

1719865172620.png

1719865204020.png

I think I was 200+ resistance but pump was running fine with my test.
Would not drain though and machine seemed to pause randomly. Managed to reset with a power off and then it would drain.
Also smelling as I think low pump force was causing a build up of rotting crud in pipes..

We now use calgon and powder Vs the tads...

The magnet pumps get a flat spot and fail intermitently, go for just a pump but change the correct one, not the recirc. pump.

I was having a problem with my washing machine, removed the filter and cleaned, no better, stuck a hook thing up where the filter fits and dragged out a whole load of twisted muck, been OK ever since. I think the problem was colour catchers in the wash, disintegrating and getting through the filters. So don't use colour catchers any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back