Scantronic 9448 problem after power cut.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We often have power cuts and I often have to reset our alarm as the back up batteries run out when we get all day cuts as per the last one. Now the main box with battery seems dead as no green power light. I've tested for mains 240v in which is live but if I take the transformer plug off the circuit board and test that what voltage should it be DC? It doesn't seem to have much voltage giving a tiny flicker with meter set at 9v? Does this mean the power cut has killed the alarm transformer? Thanks

Sponsored Links
After disconnection of the transformer it now seems to be working ok but still no green light. All 3 fuses on the board are ok. Battery ok and leads getting 12v supply ok to battery. So has my circuit board failed I wonder?

We have 3 key pads and all are lit with beeping buttons but none responsive i.e. no red lights and the engineer or user codes don't work.

Sponsored Links
Total power down …..mains and battery….power back up mains only ….if your code doesn’t stop the alarm try 1234 ….i suggest you do this in the day time …then replace the battery if it’s more than 5 years old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back