scariest tv monsters.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1.dalek-coz my son says why did'nt i hide behind the telly and watch the sofa. :LOL:

2.cybermen-coz they lived in the sewars and had no emotions(i don't think i would have any emotions if i lived in s**t)

3.the witch from chitty chitty bang bang.

4.quatermass.

5.nosferatu. spooky.

6.anne robinson.

thats it for now.

Sponsored Links
That would be either the child-catcher from chitti-chitti bang bang or the witch from the wizard of oz.

Sponsored Links
does he mean the child catcher? Or perhaps Witchypoo from HR Pufnstuf?

scariest tv monster:

Stephen King's IT

or the murderous clown from an episode of Burkes Law.

or the robot killers from the Avengers

or the faceless monster from Lost in Space.

Do you remember the 70's series UFO? - I found the aliens who were always dressed in spacesuits with blacked out visors in their space helmets really scary (I know!...but I was a youngster at the time!)

The Darleks and the Cybermen from Dr Who

The alien in the Alien films

the witch from chitty chitty bang bang -what i meant was the child catcher,my mistake. :(
does anyone remember a series in the 70's called "armchair thriller",mega scary,had to watch it with the lights on.

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
does anyone remember a series in the 70's called "armchair thriller",mega scary,had to watch it with the lights on.
I think so, wasn't it called "Saturday Night Thriller" on 9pm? I remember some of the music being scary.

Was it the one where the credits were of a shadow-man sitting down in an amrchair ? On the last note of the scary music, his whole body went stiff ? I think I remember one of those where a man had some sort of umbrella gun, but his daughter had shoved plasticine up the nozzle and he shot himself in the head.

What about the Hammer House of Horror TV series - The ones I remember were House of Blood, One where two people were trapped in a pet shop, and one where Diana Dors was in charge of some werewolf house...... Pet shop was the best though.

just shows you don't need excessive violence and gore to make it scary.i always like storys with a sting in the tail and a good ending.directors say you can have a good beginning,a good middle,but without a good ending you'll forget the film and it will be c**p.bit like a prawn cocktail starter,rump steak and chips with all the trimmings and a mouldy bannana for pudding :eek: i'm feeling hungry now mmmmmmmm

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
just shows you don't need excessive violence and gore to make it scary.i always like storys with a sting in the tail and a good ending.

Twilight Zone ! !
Loved those.

About other scary things, wayback when I was young: Catweazle ;)

johnny t, i remeber H H of H, the bloody one was "the house that bled to death"

You're right -

I just found an episode guide at http://www.nealb.f2s.com/ and a few more are coming back to me now.

I seem to remember something else where Donald Pleasance (?) was playing a blind ex-serviceman selling books of matches, and invites someone (regular customer, with a moustache) to come back to his house for dinner, in an antiques shop (?) and he tries to steal DP's war medals, and then something spooky happens, but can't think what I'm on about. Anyone ??? Or have I just mixed up about ten films into one ??

JulieL said:
Do you remember the 70's series UFO? - I found the aliens who were always dressed in spacesuits with blacked out visors in their space helmets really scary (I know!...but I was a youngster at the time!)

The Darleks and the Cybermen from Dr Who

The alien in the Alien films

The cybermen......and who'd have thought all those year down the line....what cyber means now.. ;) ...er ..apparently......well...someone told me.....er ..

Sponsored Links
Back