Seasonally affective disorder.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any tips for dealing with Seasonally Affective Disorder?

I always thought I had it mildly for years but with blue Monday looming I think its about time to either invest in or build a light box and look into other ways of dealing with it.

I found this on tinternet. Has anyone else got comments on it or can recommend a better alternative?

Sponsored Links
I found this on tinternet.
So let me get this straight. You wake up, wait 30 mins, turn the light on and look at it for 40-60mins a day? Won't this mean you have to get up really early?
I like the way you have the choice about paying the VAT though. :LOL: As if you'd select "with VAT". :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
so, does this mean that all those s.a.d. 'sufferers', having felt depressed in the darker months, have an all out euphoric 'high' in the lighter months?

i think it's just another excuse for for grumpy gits to have another moan.

so, does this mean that all those s.a.d. 'sufferers', having felt depressed in the darker months, have an all out euphoric 'high' in the lighter months?

i think it's just another excuse for for grumpy gits to have another moan.
That wouldn't be a moan would it noseall? ;)

i look at the winter months as a time when nature is purging itself of the previous years unwanted 'stuff'.

it is also the precursor to my favourite season, Spring. :D

i can also take two weeks off in December without being harassed.

deal with it! in this country, dreary winters are a fact of life.:cool:

I agree 100% noseall. When you work outside alll year round you certainly get a different perspective on things.

I can already see various plants coming into bud and beginning grwoth again. Every day its getting lighter and it marches on towards spring.
Weve been working in t-shirts most days this week

Just wish the bloody rain would stop though!

by the way youre right about christmas :LOL:

I have one of these:

It really works, but I can't turn it on until the coffin lid is firmly shut.
vampire3.gif

Sponsored Links
Back