Self regulating Circulating Pump CP50 making noise

So, on PP (left hand symbol) speed 3 you are still getting noise? I can't believe air is trapped in the pump, it would have made its way out by now,
What is the make/model of the gas/oil boiler and what is the flow temperature?

Sponsored Links
It's a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life, the temperature in the boiler says 62 degrees Celsius.

Yes still getting the noise

Flow temp of 62C is quite normal, can't think of of anything else except maybe the pump is failing, can you post a video of the noise.

So I've just gone back up into the attic where the tank and circulating Pump is, pump is making the expected amount of noise. I wonder if my original diagnosis was wrong as it now sounds like the noise is coming from the pipes in the ceiling, it's almost like an engine humming noise. I've tried to record it but frustratingly the noise frequency doesn't pick up on the recording! Doh

Sponsored Links
I've put it on the lowest pump setting for now which seems to have stopped the noise

I've put it on the lowest pump setting for now which seems to have stopped the noise
Which lowest setting?, the one on the left, PP mode?

Your boiler must be heat only with no internal pump, do you have a Y system with a 3 port mid position valve or a S system with individual zone valves.
Was the system still noisy with cylinder heating only on?

I've edited the old photo, the green arrows are where the setting is currently on.

It was still making a noise when I just turn the heating on.

Don't know enough to answer your question around if I have a y system or s system I'm afraid

Thanks

1000029646.jpg

Your rads will probably run a good bit cooler at that setting or some may not heat up.

If you have a mid position valve it will look like the one below with 3 ports (connections) and should be fairly close to the pump, if a S system there will be at least two valves with only 2 ports like below.

1705605954845.png

1705605897815.png

Understood re the radiators,

It's the bottom one in the photos the 3 points.

Thanks

The pump is mounted incorrectly, the shaft is vertical which can cause premature bearing wear and noise, it might be possible to swing the pump 90 deg to the left which would be correct, if the two compression nuts on the pump isolating valves are slackened then it may be possible to swing it, without any draining down, may be too late for this pump (if in fact this is the problem) but a new pump should not be installed like this one is.
If there isn't enough space to swing it, then the pipe work will have to be extended up a little.

Thank you John for the info, I'll discuss this with the person who did the work originally and the guy coming next week. It's definitely out of my capabilities to do the fix you suggest, but I can pass it onto someone who can, thanks again for the tips and help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back