shed in front of front elevation

Sponsored Links
Thanks people. Murdochcat, how much is PP likely to cost do you think? I'd obviously prefer to keep it kosher.

Course if I apply and get refused ....

No idea on the costs - look at your local council planning portal

Where we live ANY building in the rear garden requires planning permission

Submitting a planning application could be risky. Around here the planners rarely accept outbuildings etc. to the front of the property and I have seen enforcement action taken for innocuous bike sheds. Once you have an application refused you will be on the Council's radar and any attempt to erect the shed surreptitiously would be far more difficult.
For a low value low risk project like a shed I would proceed without planning and plead ignorance in the unlikely event you got caught.

Sponsored Links
For a low value low risk project like a shed I would proceed without planning and plead ignorance in the unlikely event you got caught.

That is exactly what I would do. After 10 years (I think), if they fail to spot it, then they cannot enforce it, but they will attempt to use Google Earth dated photos, to verify how long it has been there.

The chances are good, you would easily get away with it, whereas if you put an application in, permission will almost certainly be refused, due to the blanket rule. Even if it is spotted, and they write to to - all they can do is insist you move it, which you fail to comply, they can then fine, or demolish it themselves at your cost.

Make the roof covering the same as what the rest of the garden is made of, to fool the council spyplanes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back