Shower size, 6 kW really? Seems a good shower.

The simple mains fed shower works quite well if the dynamic pressure is 2.0bar or greater as its flow control valve will then maintain a reasonable florate, I have a 9.0kw Triton T80Z upstairs with 2.5bar dynamic pressure downstairs and only have to adjust the temperature control a few times as the mains temp changes seasonally. If the dynamic pressure is 1.5bar ish, then a CWSC fed T80SR with its own integral pump is the better choice by far.

Sponsored Links
Your spec shows 3 heating elements and a motorized flow control valve as well as the solenoid valve so the flow rate is controlled automatically to give the set showering temp, the shower comes in two outputs, 9.5kw and 10.5kw I think.

I have never investigated it in that detail, I simply fitted it, and checked watched the wattage variation on the IHD.

The simple mains fed shower works quite well if the dynamic pressure is 2.0bar or greater as its flow control valve will then maintain a reasonable florate, I have a 9.0kw Triton T80Z upstairs with 2.5bar dynamic pressure downstairs and only have to adjust the temperature control a few times as the mains temp changes seasonally. If the dynamic pressure is 1.5bar ish, then a CWSC fed T80SR with its own integral pump is the better choice by far.

I measure 2bar, on the ground floor, the shower is in the bathroom, on the first floor.

Sponsored Links
Interesting. But unless desperately poor why would you?

I have a big unvented but my showers have 8l restrictors - because I have teenagers and so am desperately poor (especially as they seem to have figured out that the rainfall heads aren't restricted). They'll be removed when I win the lottery or get rid of the teenagers.

My saving grace is that I have these fitted to each shower - the cold feed into the shower is actually warm.

IMG_20240927_085412430~2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back