shower spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just installed some spot lights in my bathroom, i want them to work independently from the shower light/fan. Obviously i can not use a normal light switch in a bathroom so i wanted to share the live feed from the landing light which is on the same wall. The landing light has just the 1 switch so i thought i could replace that with one that has 2 switches. would this be ok and how do i wire it up when i get the 2 switch switch. sorry if i have confused you :D

Sponsored Links
its not quite that easy, take the feed from the existing lights (thats the feed not the switch) then you can put the switch outside the bathroom.

as for wiring it all you really have to do is to copy what your existing lights do. draw how they are done and where their switch is that is where your new switch goes

i can't use thepull cord as that operates the shower light/fan and my wife wants the two sets of lights to work one at a time or both together!! you know what wives are like :LOL:

Sponsored Links
you could always do as i said, except install another pull cord switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back