single, lonely and desperate thread (and maybe depressed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well, maybe no the last 2, but anyway.

ever get the feelin that every1 around you is with someone and your all on your own? also its friday night and im stuck in the house... yet again. how excitin.

Sponsored Links
why don't you go out and find someone then rather than post on a DIY forum, I mean you're hardly likely to find anyone here are you. Seriously though only you have the power to change the situation you are in, and I'd guess that at 10:45 you may have had a few sherbets and may be feeling a little sorry for yourself. Maybe a bit of planning for next weekend will not leave you in this position?

Eddie M said:
why don't you go out and find someone then rather than post on a DIY forum, I mean you're hardly likely to find anyone here are you. Seriously though only you have the power to change the situation you are in, and I'd guess that at 10:45 you may have had a few sherbets and may be feeling a little sorry for yourself. Maybe a bit of planning for next weekend will not leave you in this position?

goin out clubbin/drinkin isnt my thing. there isnt really anywhere to go out tolast time i went out was to rammstein a few weeks ago then work night out last year... and i didnt like it much... goin round all the nightclubs

Guess you have to decide what you do like doing, and find like minded people. I'm sure you must have some friends, obviously don't know your situation, but why not invite a few peole over for dinner, something non stressful, i.e. cheat on the dinner. In my limited experience, when you invite peole over to dinner, invariably people try to pair singles off, could work. :D

chin up.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Guess you have to decide what you do like doing, and find like minded people. I'm sure you must have some friends, obviously don't know your situation, but why not invite a few peole over for dinner, something non stressful, i.e. cheat on the dinner. In my limited experience, when you invite peole over to dinner, invariably people try to pair singles off, could work. :D

chin up.

i do have friends. altho some have moved away so i dont speak to them much. most of my other friends aint interested in the same thing as me either... kinda annoyn when you want to go see a band and they hate metal.. which then leaves a few...

Freddie said:
you aint exactly doing anything else are you?

sounds about right... ill eventually do summit....

eventually...

andrew2022 said:
Freddie said:

eventually...

sooner rather than later sounds best, don't sink into depression, been there, done it, not worth it ('cos no one gives a **** when you're depressed).

Eddie M said:
andrew2022 said:
Freddie said:

eventually...

sooner rather than later sounds best, don't sink into depression, been there, done it, not worth it ('cos no one gives a s**t when you're depressed).

im not always depressed... and when i am, its not that bad...

Then luckily you've never been depressed. Not that I would want you to be so. So, sort your self out before you get in too deep, 'cos it's a long way out believe me.

I would thoroughly recomend evenening classes. Pick some subjects that sound interesting but totally outside your usual occupation. That way you get to meet people with completely different backgrounds.

When I was working on a long project over in Hereford (staying in B&B during the week), I found the evenings, mind bogglingly boring. So I took a short course in Indian cookery. Not only did I pick up the skills to make a blinding Curry (with all the trimmings), but I also met some realy nice people. I did a couple of courses on Welding as well, so I ended up with quite a busy schedule.

Courses with a practical content to them seem better for meeting people as you don't have the starchy formality of a classroom stifling conversation. It's surprising how friendly people can get, if you let them have a pinch of your Garum Masala ;)

how about getting a dog.they are loyal,don't answer you back and when you take it out for a walk its amazing the amount of people that talk to you and always say hello.but only get one if your're committed as they take alot of time/money but they keep you active and you should find a new circle of friends pretty soon.just don't buy a mad nutter pitbull physco dog. :eek:

why leave the house? You've got plenty of friendly people on here :D

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
how about getting a dog.they are loyal,don't answer you back and when you take it out for a walk its amazing the amount of people that talk to you and always say hello.but only get one if your're committed as they take alot of time/money but they keep you active and you should find a new circle of friends pretty soon.just don't buy a mad nutter pitbull physco dog. :eek:

i have a cat. altho he is better than a dog: he can walk himself

Andrew believe me, you're not alone, we have all been there at some point, we all have problem whether it's now or later on. The last 9 months hasn't been easy for me and when you're down, the only way is up!

You'll need to find a new hobby, my youngest son 16yrs just bought an 16 years old mini :!: and I drove it 22 miles to pick it up for him. I think I just found a new hobby by accident as I'm looking for a old mini as a second car because I has so much fun driving it and I want one :!: I'm now looking at pre-1973 as you don't have to have road tax and will cost me £105 to insure it :!: , now that's cheap hobby motoring for a bit of fun. There's a loads of mini's on ebay and just started to read Miniworld magazine and may join the mini club as you will meet all walk of life who own mini.

Find yourself a new hobby, you don't have to be mad but it does help :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back