slight problem with saxton oscillating saw blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been using them for years now as my go to cheap reliable source
i noticed today a blade wasnt 100% level and parallel to the clamp end it was perhaps 2 degrees out
now in general not a problem as most jobs tend to be give or take 2-5mm
but as i wanted as near to 100% accurate as possible i took the time to level as it only takes a few seconds
the way to check a bit off say 2x1 or ruler hold the clamp end and timber together and look at the blade gap along the length
solution place the blade in a vice /workmate/clamp to flat surface with a clamp
then with pliers gently tease each side off the 2 arms as near to the blade joint off the clamp area as possible to what you expect it will need [1to2mm/degrees max
you then remove and recheck and select the nearest arm to the parralel with blade in hand adjusting with pliers till correct then level the other arm
now the point i am making is a machine on line and a blade following a different path will just get worse and worse and never better where as machine and blade in sink can give good accurate results

Sponsored Links
Can’t say I understand your problem, or your solution.
nothing new there as i often rant lol
have made some correction and adjustment to try and make it more readable with a conclusion added at the end
:giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back