Smart meter with gravity fed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My mother-in-law wants a smart meter fitted. (Husband died recently and living on her own etc)

She still has the old, gravity fed, system. Would that be compatible with the new meter?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What makes you think not?
A meter just records the units used
BUT I will not be getting a smart meter because when there is an issue, one needs plenty of time and patience to get the matter resolved like when the battery dies and no gas to appliances. Gas Transporter will not deal with it. Your service provider may not always be easy to reach

I could be wrong. Going by issues I am familiar with and aware of some folk had.

Sponsored Links
She still has the old, gravity fed, system. Would that be compatible with the new meter?

A gravity system, has absolutely no relevance to Smart meters, or their operation. Point is, Smart meters open the door to numerous special tariffs, not open with a dumb meter..

Transporter will not deal with it. Your service provider may not always be easy to reach

I was a very early adopter, I have had zero similar issues. I can be in touch with my energy provider within an hour, if I should need to. Even better, my energy supplier can be advised immediately my supply is lost, by the Smart meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back