Soil erosion from neighbouring property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a house next door and they got rid of all soil, grass etc... because it's too much for landlord to maintain. The property has been unoccupied and the lady who owns does not care.

Wondering what are my options.
Many thanks
LK

Attachments

• 20240721_082222.jpg
    20240721_082222.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20240721_082157.jpg
    20240721_082157.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
What are the problems that you need options for?
Can I remove the soil and get the concrete / salad and cement mix to close the gap or can I get my neighbour to put it right as it is affecting the enjoyment of the property.

Those pictures mean absolutely nothing. If that is your side of that wall then just block it although I don't think salad will do much. If it's their side then they will have to sort it but again salad wont do it, lettuce leaves tend to rot away quite quickly.

Sponsored Links
They are gravel boards. The photograph is from my property. Opposite side all they have is gravel.

What happens when it rains heavily? Does it all wash out? If it does then eventually they will get sick of their gravel disappearing in to your garden.

I would make a feature of it by growing something in it. Stabilise it with wire mesh and plant something suited to the moisture/light levels there [probably not lettuce though ;) ]. The roots and the wire mesh will work together to stop the soil falling out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back