Speed Fit Under Screed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to have a kitchen fitted out and I need to run Hot and Cold Water plus a couple of Rads in the new dwelling.

Currently the room is sitting on a piled foundation and it will soon need to have a 100mm Insulation followed by screed.

Question
My question is with the speed fit, if I run it into the area where it needs to be how should I get it back above the finished floor level? If I was doing it in copper Id run it to the wall where i need it then chuck and elbow in the corner, lag it / lay on a bed of sand prior to screed ?

Does it simply 'bend u' in speedfit ? (with a curved rad of course? or can I bury a speed fit elbow in the screed?

Am I better to use the DMP Elbows and connects for anything that's going to be 'filled in' ?

Sponsored Links
Why not do it in copper then with the elbows soldered, then wrap the tube?

Ideally you wouldn't use any connections under the screed, apart from soldered and even then they should be avoided. Alternatively you would have to radius the plastic up out of the screed hidden say in a cupboard or similar, certainly wouldn't put push fit elbows into the floor unless they could be got at easily. The other option would be to bury it in the wall.

I have used speed fit upstairs in the joists and its so easy id like the new dwelling to be the same but was just a little under as one its filled in I wont have access to it.

When you say radius it up do you literality mean what you say? So clip it to the wall in a nice even sweep ?

When you say radius it up do you literality mean what you say? So clip it to the wall in a nice even sweep ?
Yes - you can get cold formers that will hold the pipe.

1727874932095.png

Sponsored Links
That makes so much more sense.

I can now T off the upstairs bathroom hot and cold (under the sink) gun straight out of the external wall, drop down the external wall (that will be dot and dapped eventually) cold form into the floor then bring them up again where the new sink will be.

I guess I just need to lag the speed fit pipe into another pipe by the looks of it though?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back