Spur Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double socket in my kitchen and I wish to add an electric oven 2.4kw (max) from that socket I noticed that a spur runs to a double socket that has the kettle running from it. Would the kettle and cooker overload it?

Sponsored Links
What do you mean exactly? If you have the kettle running of a double socket, and then you spur a socket for the oven off that, then the answer is no.

If you have them both plugged into the socket, then yes you would overload it.

There are two sockets on one side of the kitchen and I wish to add an electric oven 2.4kw (max) but after checking the sockets I found one was a spur from the other.
I then realised that I could possibly overload it (example having a kettle on that side of the kitchen) would I be better to run a separate wire to the CU just for the oven.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter if one's a spur from the other, you won't overload it like that.

What does matter if one is a spur off a spur, which is not allowed, or if you plug the kettle and the oven into the same double socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back