spur for freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe a trivial question but I'm a total beginner...getting a spur from an existing double socket in the kitchen (not normally used). I'm using 2.5 mm cable, and a 13 amp socket (the ones you screw on the walls). Is this OK?

Sponsored Links
forgot to say the socket is in a storage room next to the kitchen, so I understand there's no need to notify - can anybody confirm? I understand it has to be at least 450 mm from the floor but I fitted it quite low (right above skirting boards) does this matter?

The socket doesn't have to comply with the new socket heights unless you are renovating to property so there is no problem with you fitting it low down apart from the likelihood of damage by feet/vacuum cleaners etc.

I don't believe it is notifiable work and 2.5mm² cable is fine. Are you sure the socket your are spurring from is not already a spur?

Sponsored Links
thanks for your answer. Yes I'm sure the socket I'm spurring from is part of a main ring.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back