Starsky & Hutch might be coming back!

Used to have a cardigan like Starsky's back in 1975, the birds loved it. Hill street blues was a quality show but no cop programme beats The Sweeney, itv4 shows reruns daily and it's still the best cop show ever.

Sponsored Links
The original Kung Fu series from 1972 should never have been remade. I watched it again a few years ago and can't remember the pace being so slow, but i loved it when i was knee high to a grasshopper.

The Sweeney was very good; Columbo and Kojak, too - but the best cop show of all is still The Wire.

Than there were all them western series

The Virginian
Bonanza
Champion the wonder horse
Rawhide
The rifleman
Gun smoke
I used to like 'Branded' about some bloke who got chucked out of the army wrongly and spent the rest of the series trying to prove his innocence. The 'shame' of his dismissal in the opening credits alway made me laugh - it’s a wonder the sergeant major didn’t give him a Chinese burn and a kick up the bum too! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Watched a repeat of 'Minder' tonight.
George Cole and Denis Waterman were a class act.
Shane Ritchie played Arthur Daleys nephew in the remake of Minder but it just didn't work.
Never the same after Waterman left. Like quite a few series, Minder went on a bit too long.

Some of the stuff from thst period isn't too bad. We've been watching "Hill Street Blues" recently, including the two and a half final series which we could never receive where we now live
hill Street blues and lou grant my favourites didnt like the plastic artificial look off other shows probably because appearance was far more important than "humble peoples needs " :giggle:
also iron side and others but none off any interest now as light hearted entertainment and learning along with the ability to drop in and out with out missing anything important is what interests me now :giggle:

Last edited:
"Emergency" TV Show about two firefighters who became Paramedics . This series inspired the Paramedic Scheme world Wide which has now saved millions of lives
250px-EmergencyLogo.jpg

The closing scene was nearly always a joy to watch (certainly in the earlier ones) when the perpetrator realised the game was up.
It was the fact that all the crooks, especially the posh wealthy ones, dismissed him as some plebian dunce. The truth is that he was a brilliant and sharp detective.

Sponsored Links
Back