Stihl MSA 70 C-B Cordless Chainsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi chaps, bought this chainsaw at lawnmowers.co.uk was great first 25 mins now it wont cut a turd, just makes a mark, oil in only used about a half hour in total, blade off on again tension checked, battery charged....emailed their support but wanted to ask anyone else had this, I am quicker with handsaw lol. So its crap but maybe the chain has gone after a few uses?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wet wood is nothing - unless there's some barbed wire in there.....!
We'll need a close up pic of the chain and the bar to advise further - but it's always a good move to keep spare chains in stock.
They don't need to be made by Stihl - I use Oregon or Wartec chain off the roll but of course there are different sizes.
John :)

The cutters on these saws are minute, 1/4" low profile ,and takes very little to dull them, it requires a 1/8" file to sharpen.
If your inexperienced I would suggest a stihl 2 in 1 sharpening system but remove the raker file and put it back in every 3 or 4 sharpenings as they are quite aggressive in the amount they take off

Last edited:
The cutters on these saws are minute, 1/4" low profile ,and takes very little to dull them, it requires a 1/8" file to sharpen.
If your inexperienced I would suggest a stihl 2 in 1 sharpening system but remove the raker file and put it back in every 3 or 4 sharpenings as they are quite aggressive in the amount they take off
Can try that thanks

Wet wood is nothing - unless there's some barbed wire in there.....!
We'll need a close up pic of the chain and the bar to advise further - but it's always a good move to keep spare chains in stock.
They don't need to be made by Stihl - I use Oregon or Wartec chain off the roll but of course there are different sizes.
John :)
Hi is a 1/4 picco micro 3 size, 12 in...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back