Stock market dealing

Two days this week deciding what I think might happen and setting a time to close out in advance: +£60
One day this week doing my best to follow your ever increasing list of things to follow, but in particular looking at levels, and ensuring my individual losses are all small with the hope of having some wins to override them: £-280

Sponsored Links
Fine, you cracked it. 5% reliably every day, or 30% in a week, is a first hurdle.
It's not my list, it's just the basics. Which you aren't using or you wouldn't have lost that £93. I didn't look at any others.
Different layout - New broker?

Nat gas was dropping from around midday agreeing with Bloomberg so took it down for about 3%. Commodities are leveraged 10:1 so that's 30 ish. NG can reverse suddenly so I pulled out a bit early, it went on down.
I used a trailing stop for most of it. I don't like them much generally.
The week was 1.8 x 2.2 x 1.3 then in 3 days, better than expected.
Things are getting heavy to manage forme now and there's loads I don't know that I don't know, so I'm looking for an IFA.
Have prepared for a major market pullback. Might be a mistake, but most everything's on the MM at 0.02%/day.

If you can't use a set of rules, use what you can of the standard indicators for reasons NOT to enter. Going on News and setting a trailing stop is a reasonable way to go if you have an entry. Not far off what I'm doing. There isn't always anything much, so if indicator use isn't possible for someone they shouldn't trade. They will miss a lot, becuse things like range trading are high probablility wins. That's what Catena does quite often. If his opening trade goes the wrong way, he waits for a range trade, or an obvious one off a level. They tend to be safer later in the day. Then he puts the farm on it. Hences, sometimes he's jumping up and down on a 40cent move. He doesn't give all his sizes, but we know he can use a few million bucks at a time if he wants to.

---

Tiny percentages on a big number are producing for me now. Even at Money Market rates. Rates will drop but there's little point building the lump much more. I don't spend much, quite old and no family. If I build the tax free stuff some more that'll do.
It was suggested that I do lessons. I did set someone off and they're doing ok, but this thread shows that many may never get there.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back