Stop washing machine moving about

I have a Miele, on a wooden floor. It's a big old thing and until I recently did some work with the pipework at the back to allow it to go further under the worktop there was exactly 5mm of clearance in front of the machine when the outward opening door was opened. In a year of twice daily use it didn't move a mm!

A few years ago, my mum replaced her Miele. I couldn't work out why it projected further forward than the previous one. Without pulling it out, I slid a tape measure in and measured the depth of the lid. I then measured the depth of unit. After much head scratching, I pulled the machine out. It turned out the bulge on the reverse side extends past the lid. I had to hack away the plaster to push it back.

Sponsored Links
or you can fix the problem properly and buy a descent make but then again that hoover wont last that long anyway

We have an integrated Hoover heat pump dryer. After about 2.5 years it refused to spin. I had to change the motor capacitor. The build quality was not the worst that I have come across, but it is nowhere near as good as the likes of Miele. Bizarrely, the drum was too big to slide out, so I had to prop the drum up whilst I replaced the capacitor.

Unless retrained, they all move. Nowt to do with the make or model, just a matter of imbalance, when it comes to the spin cycle. That's why, during the spin cycle, they will frequently pause when they detect a major imbalance, do a few slow rotations to rearrange the load, and retry a spin.
We have a Bosch one. I think ours does this. Never had any issues with it moving about tbh. I have an Indisit / Hotpoint in a property and never had issues with that one either. It does vibrate on the suspended wooden floor but no moving about

Sponsored Links
Unless retrained, they all move. Nowt to do with the make or model, just a matter of imbalance, when it comes to the spin cycle. That's why, during the spin cycle, they will frequently pause when they detect a major imbalance, do a few slow rotations to rearrange the load, and retry a spin.
Well Siemens used to have an advert where a pencil stood on end on the top while on full spin. That’s why level is so important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back