Stuttering Ravenheat Little Star LS80 Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4.5 year old Raver has been misbehaving for a while... Last year's servicing Corgi mumbled about further works but never came back to test / swap components....

On Summer setting, turn on DHW and fan kicks in immediately. Can take 10second to 2 minutes for gas to fire. Gas will often cut out + generally refire some seconds later during first 5 minutes of running, usually stabilises thereafter. Better for my bath than her shower !
Behaviour is better with thermostat turned down, to max 60%, but this doesn't give very hot water unless tap flow is low.

On Winter setting, turning CH on gets fan and pump running immediately, but again it can take gas some time to fire. Once running, sometimes is stable for some minutes, sometimes gas stutters on+off and I can hear at least one relay clicking a lot. CH also turned down to about 55% for slightly more stability, but rads consequently don't get really hot.
Also, using override button to turn CH from Auto to Off has no effect for >15mins - could understand pump running on for a while, not sure why gas continues to burn though.
No external room stats, no other tinkering done.
DHW misbehaves the same in winter, less hassle to run bath before turning CH on.

Previous posting here by the clearly experienced bods indicates that testing the CH and then DHW sensors is a standard first step.... but what I need is a Corgi as smart as the regular posters here, who works south of Basingstoke - rather than a bimbler full of words...

Any N.E. Hants pros out there ? I have an extra rad to plumb in, in order to make a slightly bigger job of it

cheers
Nick

Sponsored Links
Quite a lot going on.

Were I able to attend I would check max min BP and ignition BP.

I am already suspecting a sludged up plate heat exchanger and perhaps main heat exchanger. I would bring two thermisters with me.

But I feel that more importantly your gas valve needs checking by an expert as it might be imediately dangerous. I caoonot say over the tinternet but if it is ID it shouldn't be used until checked by a competent person.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back