Suggestions for boosting shower flow rate (combi / cylinder / both)?

Err, guys, I'm getting 8.7l/min now from the hot tap, and 8.4l/min from the shower. Your suggestion of checking for valve that was restricting the boiler was spot on.

That not correct in the case of the shower, assuming you are running with a shower temperature of 40C (are you?) and because the boiler HW temperature is set to 60C and presumably delivering it to the shower at this temperature then to get 8.5LPM from the shower the shower TMV MUST mix 4.4LPM @ 60C from the combi with 4.1LPM @18.5C from the mains to give 8.5LPM @40C. So the boiler is only providing 4.4LPM for whatever reason, could be shower TMV or shower filter restrictions, thats why I asked you to do the test "switch off the boiler, turn the shower TMV to full hot and measure the flowrate", then all the flow will/should come only from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
The shower specifications list 9l/min at the handset, I'm pretty much getting the maximum flow expected through it now.

Fair enough but in the winter you will require a greater HW flow so might be prudent to see what the max flow is from the boiler only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back