supporting walls

Thanks for all your answers, the thing is that in a situation like this there are more than one way to look at it, one is the experience based solution that will say ho yes I have done it before which is not very scientific, (followed with: I don't know why this house collapsed the one before was ok...), or to find the correct way whether it is calling in a structural engineer, or to find what the regulations (if there are any), say. As far as I understand the regs are based on experience, calculations and the safety factor probably very high...so you will ,be quiet safe this way and still can pay your mortgage... I did not know where to look for the info and you all made an interesting discussion from it (which helped me a lot).
One last point, I am sure that sinking a socket into a pier will not get it down (they are always over designed) but after you put one in and than the next guy will say this is a good idea and so on, and than 'oops...'.
Albert

Sponsored Links
Guess there are different methods of approach to chasing and box cutting ... nibble and neat or smash bang wallop and look at the patchwork making good, given there is anything remaining to 'make good'.

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back