Swapping orientation of TRV head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to undo this TRV and and change so it's facing vertically? After draining down. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-06-20-40-01-74_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-06-20-40-01-74_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
Thanks yes just drain down undo both nuts and swap orientation. Maybe abit of paste on olives

Sponsored Links
Yes, I agree.

So I wonder why you would want to change it to a less effective position!

Leave the TRV as it is and make a cut out in the cover so that the TRV head is protruding out of the box. That way it will be able to do its job.

Sadly they don't want that. It's two rads down stairs I could either just remove the head. Or swap orientation over. Sealed system would probably airlock after pressure removed. To swap orientation

No way I would be going through the hassle and time to drain down just to switch those valves round. Should be able to do it under vacuum once the pressure is released. Make sure any auto air vents are closed. Depending on the boiler, the flow and returned isolators can be closed to isolate the expansion vessel and internal air vent. There are some boilers, however, on which it would not be safe to use the iso valves. If you're not sure, post the make and model of the boiler and someone should be able to advise on whether the iso valves should operate without leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back