Swapping orientation of TRV head

If its a heat only it won't have isolators on the flow and return and no internal expansion vessel or auto air vent to worry about. You will get a bit of water when you crack the joints and it may well be mucky so protect carpets etc.
I would close both the trv and lockshield. Release pressure in the rad via the bleed screw. Undo the joint between trv and rad with a drip tray underneath. Have a compression stopend (just the male part) ready and use it to seal the rad. Direct trv over a bucket and open it. This will depressurise system and water should soon stop. Remove and rotate trv. Put it all back together open valves and repressurise.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes but since most are bi-directional now, it is some thing we forget to look for. And I think of this
1718103189143.png
as a cistern, this 1718103295519.png is a tank, this 1718103361379.png is a barrel, this
1718103571023.png
it seems looking at adverts is a cylinder, and this
1718103671265.png
is also a tank again looking as adverts. Same with electrical trade, we have taken words to describe what we have, so some thing bulbous is called a bulb, long and thin a tube, changes voltage a transformer, many seem to get upset with the word "bulb" it seems they think the only bulbous item there is goes into the ground and grows, but if we don't call it a light bulb, what is it? Not a lamp that is the whole item, which could have a wick, mantle or bulb inside it. Luminaire also whole item, so even when a folded fluorescent tube, or compact fluorescent light, we still call it a bulb, makes things a lot easier.

But anyway I will remember this 1718103295519.png is not a tank it is a cistern in the future!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back