Telephone cable - extending

Sponsored Links
Getting back to the OP ;) This is the cable I want to extend..the brown one.
The BT engineer just spliced in to the BT cable so that he could add another socket on the internal wall

Attachments

• PXL_20240917_161521645.jpg
    PXL_20240917_161521645.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20240917_161553014.jpg
    PXL_20240917_161553014.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The core colours are white, green, orange and black
It looks like only two colours are used in the brown cable (white and orange) and that he has run those back from the master socket down to the gel connectors.

I am losing track of where we are in this conversation... you can buy some exterior cable and run it from the slave that is supplied by the brown cable (doing so means that you only need to use a cheap IDC tool to make the connections. Alternatively you can ditch the brown cable and remove the slave socket. As far as I can see, you are legally allowed to cut way the gel connectors and fit your own ones and a new cable given that the cables double back from the master socket an form an extension. If you decide to ditch the brown cable, I really would recommend that you use gel connectors and the correct crimping tool.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
I want to remove the slave completely and put a new one in a different place.
So it'll be the second option you mentioned

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back