Texecom 8xp com port.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a premiere elite 24 panel and have 8xpn expander on it with smartcom and texecom speech dialler. My smartcom has stopped sending out notifications since last week. I am currently still using V1 as i didn't upgrade it (yet?). I had a couple of questions i was hoping to get some help on

1) I haven't upgraded my smartcom because I didn't want to have to pay for features i currently use. I currently just use it to enable and disable the alarm. I also use wintex over my smartcom connection. I know its free to use for enabling/disabling. But if I upgrade to v2 - will i now be charged to use wintex over the smart com?

2) I wanted to get notifications on home Assistant. I have set it all up and its all working (when it stop notifying me last week i switched it over the HA. Ideally however, i would want to revert this back to cloud alerts (so i don't miss any triggers or alerts!!) and then maybe install a comip to connect up for HA. I have already got 2 com devices (smartcom and speech dialler). So am i able to install the comip onto the com port in the 8xp expander or is this not possible? In which case do I have to buy a JAL-0001 port convertor or loose my speech dialler?

3) should I not bother with the comip and just tighten up my HA setup and ensure I get everything through that? I'm hoping to keep my speech dialler as its a backup if smartcom fails to notify me of an alarm (or HA alert).

any help much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
No charge to swop to v2 ….nothing to do with upgrading smart com ….i am still on V1 and my smartcom has the latest version

No charge to swop to v2 ….nothing to do with upgrading smart com ….i am still on V1 and my smartcom has the latest version
Can I still use my wintex with smartcom code for free? Someone said there is a charge for changing config once you switch to v2?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back