Texecom area group/part set enquiry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'd like some guidance and help with part set on my Texecom Elite 168, Ricochet expander, Smart com and wired Keypad. I have 8 wired zones on the 168 panel along with the keypad in the garage, the Ricochet panel is in the house with 7 zones and one zone is a door contact in a shed, I set-unset the system mainly on the smart com app, what I would like to be able to do is have the ability to set the garage on its own, set the garage and shed, set the garage, shed and part house and set all zones, is this possible and if so how, thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Put them in area B make the garage keypad area B and local set/ unset , door forget to name area B ….

Thanks for the reply,
Tried that, not quite worked, I think I need 3 part set setting and an overall 'everything setting/ set all', this would need to be set on the app, as this is the most convenient way to set the system, with the garage keypad more as a backup.
Part set 1: garage.
Part set 2: garage & shed.
Part set 3: house.
Full set: all zones.
I have set 1, 2 & 3 as rooms, but when I part set the system on the app, the Part set button turns the orange solid orange, but the 24hr clock (that shows status) does not change to orange but does show Part set on the status bubble, when a zone is set off in that zone the alarm does not sound and there is no notification on the app that a room/part set has gone off.
Trying to get my head around the programing.

Sponsored Links
maybe show programming and event log and what you was hoping for and what if actually did.?

Personally

A house
B shed
C garage

Each can be armed separately or you can arm them all together.

Dont know how you have things but normally be instant arm for B and C and entry exit arming mode for are A

Although a part set for the house is normal practice in a 2 story home with the landing omitted in the part set.

Have part armed cons turned on.

Right,
I have created 3 Areas, A, B, & C, put all zones in all 3 areas, in attributes 1 I've ticked the 'correct' Part 1, 2 & 3 Omit' for each zone and they have Guard ticked.
Under Global System Opptions/Holiday Dates and Hardware I have Part Arm 1, 2 & 3 Text all with the correct text.
Under 'Area Timers & Options' under Areas A & B are set to 'instant' and area C is set to 'Timed Exit'. Under 'Options' Part Arm Instant is ticked for all 3 Areas.
I can Part set the 3 Areas but when I enter an area the bell/solder does not go off.
The panel is seeing the zone going into alarm but sounding the bell.
What am I not ticking?

Oh yes, doing all the arming disarming from the Texecom App on my phone.
I've synced the phone app to the panel too.

I think your missing the point if you want to run the
House
Garage
Shed
As different systems ….then only put them in one area
Eg house A
Garage B
shed C
You need to name each area so it show it on the app
Set bell to area ABC
I Have the following
House Area A with keypad set to local
Garage Area B with keypad set to local
Drive alarm Area C armed from house with separate code
All can be armed with app or keypad
House has 3 part sets
Part 1 night
Part 2 cat
Without seeing what you have or layout I can’t comment further

Now put the 3 areas, garage, shed & house as different areas e.g. area 1, 2 & 3 and named as such.
Now seems to set off alarm, needs fully testing when partner gets home, it keeps going off on her phone too!
I get the the 3 areas, they're there on the phone and it looks like I can set them individually but when I set the shed, part arm, it gave me the the 3 areas option, garage, shed & house, have I programed it wrong, am I confusing part set and areas as the same thing?

Put all 14 zones in Area A, then put zone 1-8 as part omit Area 2-3 and the rest as part omit 1 & 3, then named part set 1 as Garage and House as part set 2 with part set 3 left blank.
I've tried part setting Garage (1) all the zones are clear put the alarm goes off straight away, I thought this set up would give me part set Garage and incidentally part set house and also full set both Garage and house.
I'm really struggling with this last hurdle.

Forget part sets, u need to put the relevant zones in different AREAS as has been stated by a few people

Well, I've put house in Area A, set up part set 1 & 2 as 1, house only and 2 as nighttime without a couple of up stairs PIR's, then, Area B as Garage, all seams to work, so yet to fully arm but so far so good, thanks to you all especially Bigsosij.
We'll see how it goes aver the next few days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back