Texecom Premier Elite – Silence a bell box tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you silence the alarm (main siren and internal) when you need to take the lid and internal cover off an Odyssey bell box. I would have thought that either a master code or engineer’s code would shut it up, but no, it doesn’t.

I’ve recently installed my PE24 with Smartcom and it's all working fine. But, I didn’t like the overly bright LED backlight on the bell box, so I just wanted to open the box and disconnect the LED backlight strip. I thought the internal sounder might go off and a master code would temporarily silence it, as my old alarm system worked like this. But up a ladder, I took the cover off and immediately had my ears assaulted with siren. So, I came down and put every code into the panel, but nothing would shut it up. I tried the master code, engineer’s code and standard user code but nothing silenced it and Bell Tamer remained on the LCD. I had to wear ear defenders to quickly go back up and disconnect the LED wire. It then shut up when I screwed the cover back on.

Surely there must be a way to silence it while you work on the bell box. If not, it’s a worry that a tamper event in the middle of the night could only be cured by getting a ladder out to remove power and battery!

Sponsored Links
odyssey bell box has a hold off mode, engineer utils, bell test, omit, should come up disabledd.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it in the manual and have a read-up on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back