Texecom Premier Elite - Is Ring a Downgrade?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Texecom Premier Elite alarm with a range of Ricochet wireless PIRs and contact sensors. It’s about 8 years old now and the SMS functionality no longer works as a result of my telephone provider moving me to IP voice. The COMWifi Texecom app is also pretty intermittent. The firmware version on the panel is too old to support SmartCom.

I’ve been looking around at the range of smart home security (such as Ring) and the alarms seem so much more intuitive and user friendly. Rather than sinking more money into my 8 year old Texecom would I just be best off replacing it with a Ring alarm or, aside from the snazzy GUI, would this be a downgrade from a technical perspective?

TIA

Sponsored Links
The panel can have its firmware upgraded.
And a smart com added so the issues with the com wifi won’t be an issue.

Not familiar with ring to make any comment about ring but it isn’t professional equipment and didn’t use to meet any standards not sure if it does now but suspect not

Personally i think Texecom is a far better, more professional solution than Ring.
Ring is marketed at a more simplistic approach with a subscription model. What happens if/when you dont take out the yearly subscription? Limited functionality.
What about when they continue to up the cost year after year?

You dont have that with Texecom.

Personally i'd invest in the upgrades required to bring the Texecom system in line with your needs and steer well clear of ring. It's got to be cheaper anyhow rather than buying all new ring hardware.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back