That didn’t take long

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I disagree with the decision to suspend those Labour MPs
It might go along with Sir Keir's mantra of country before party.
But Labour easily won the motion without the support of the few rebels.
It should have been a free vote.

The policy changes cannot be predicted.
And if they cannot be predicted, they cannot be considered in the planning.
Many families and single women don't 'plan', they simply keep on dropping kids. Then expect the tax payer to (financially) help raise them.

And don't lose your job or get a chronic illness if you have more than two children.
Although it would obviously require a degree of administration, it would be beneficial if exceptions could be built in. So for example, if someone with more than two children loses their job or falls ill, there should be a mechanism whereby they receive assistance if they meet certain criteria. e.g. can prove they have been in employment, don't have above £x in savings, and by employment I don't mean 3 hours a week for the local chippy.

Although it would obviously require a degree of administration, it would be beneficial if exceptions could be built in. So for example, if someone with more than two children loses their job or falls ill, there should be a mechanism whereby they receive assistance if they meet certain criteria. e.g. can prove they have been in employment, don't have above £x in savings, and by employment I don't mean 3 hours a week for the local chippy.
Some sort of NI contribution per year scheme? Perhaps.

But the problem with trying that sort of 'exception' approach is that there will be a million different edge cases where someone who has done everything right will get ignored. Plus making sure people actually get it and can navigate yet another form.

Separate to that is that you're still punishing children for their parents choices and actions.

Sponsored Links
Back