That didn’t take long

Sorry but your opinion is not sufficient to justify the claim.

My own life experience supports @Odds assertion.

To what scale, I don't know. But it is not zero.

Some of us received a different up"bringing" than others, and have different life experiences.
Lobster thermadore being a rare treat in my childhood home, by way of example ;)

Sponsored Links
Stop dropping kids if you can't afford to raise them.
its worth noting we are desperately desperately short off youngsters to pay for our pensions
the ratio off offspring needs to be perhaps 3 or 4 per family to redress the balance as 2 in and two out can mean abject poverty from cradle to grave

My own life experience supports @Odds assertion.

To what scale, I don't know. But it is not zero.
Have you, (or Odds, Mitch, diy_fun_uk, et al) ever had a discussion with these women, or asked them why they have several children?
Is there any data to support your assumptions?
Or is it just some urban myth spread by the Red Top media?

Some of us received a different up"bringing" than others, and have different life experiences.
Lobster thermadore being a rare treat in my childhood home, by way of example ;)
We never had it at home, but I have cooked it a few times. It is delicious, especially with salad potatoes and salad, but expensive.

You can buy it online, for next day delivery, but it's not difficult to prepare, if you can find the lobster.

Sponsored Links
Nice music.
OK, I'm convinced by pop culture. ;) :rolleyes:

Especially the stereotypes in Pop Culture, the wicked stepmother, the kind grandfather, etc.

Too many people are content to take and run with what is presented on the surface, and not take a real look at what they are carrying with them. Media that is included in pop culture is extremely important to think about because of how widespread of an impact it has, and endorsing media based off of the surface level messaging is ignorant.

Have you, (or Odds, Mitch, diy_fun_uk, et al) ever had a discussion with these women, or asked them why they have several children?

"One more [kid], and I'll never have to work again."
Her exact words: I still remember them, and where I was standing when she said them to me (a young girl in the street where I lived).
I don't think she'd considered that child benefit doesn't go on forever but, even if she had, perhaps she was taking the attitude of "crossing that bridge, when I come to it".

Is there any data to support your assumptions?

It's not an assumption: it is lived experience.
As I clearly stated.
How prevalent the situation is, I don't know.
As I clearly stated.

"One more [kid], and I'll never have to work again."
Her exact words: I still remember them, and where I was standing when she said them to me (a young girl in the street where I lived).
I don't think she'd considered that child benefit doesn't go on forever but, even if she had, perhaps she was taking the attitude of "crossing that bridge, when I come to it".

It's not an assumption: it is lived experience.
As I clearly stated.
How prevalent the situation is, I don't know.
As I clearly stated.

As you acknowledge, one short experience with one female, in a lifetime, hardly predicates a life pattern for ('a sub-species of' sic.) mothers in general.
When I was young polio victims were many.
It's rarely seen these days. Times and attitudes change.

As you acknowledge, one short experience with one female, in a lifetime, hardly predicates a life pattern for ('a sub-species of' sic.) mothers in general.
When I was young polio victims were many.
It's rarely seen these days. Times and attitudes change.

I accept your apology (y)

Nice music.
OK, I'm convinced by pop culture. ;) :rolleyes:

Especially the stereotypes in Pop Culture, the wicked stepmother, the kind grandfather, etc.

Pop culture reflects society and trends at the time...young women were known for gaming the benefits system using their children as leverage to get more money. I won't be surprised to hear it still goes on. And for the record, i loathe that tune.

ts worth noting we are desperately desperately short off youngsters to pay for our pensions
That is part why in some cases countries have accepted a numbers of refugees in the past. In many cases now the general public in many countries "frown" on the approach.

Pop culture reflects society and trends at the time...young women were known for gaming the benefits system using their children as leverage to get more money. I won't be surprised to hear it still goes on. And for the record, i loathe that tune.
Some number, hits the headlines and factors concerning the benefits change. The headlines alone could mean some see it as a solution. One factor I have never seen is numbers.

I did meet a lady with 2 rather young kids that didn't work. One odd factor, she lived in a nice bungalow built by her dad. Under the current system she could work given free child care but she would need to earn enough in order to extend that to work all week. No idea what happened to the man. I hear that some number are inclined to leave once a baby appears. I hired a plasterer who wanted to sling his wife and child out. It's his house, he paid for it and refugees were preventing her from getting supported housing.

2nd hand from a girl that has problems keeping a job. A friend that wants a man about the house. Each time she tries a baby appears and the bloke leaves. She works as hard as she can to support them. Maybe she tries lets produce one of our own. Hard to know but the each one makes it harder for her to earn enough. This one interests me as a friend married a divorced lady with 2 kids. They wondered about producing one of their own but didn't. Instead he made sure the maintenance payments arrived on time and also got the amount adjusted to a more realistic level. Why -to ensure he could give the kids street cred as he put it. Our beginnings have a habit of effecting entire lives.

diy_fun_uk comment was based in the current time, as were other similar claims.
Stop dropping kids if you can't afford to raise them.

I accept your apology (y)
There is no indication that having several children is a current strategy of gaining extra income.

In many countries there is no such thing as child benefit, but there are still large families. So what's going on there?

According to the popular belief, countries that have high cild benefit payments should have high birth rates.
But that isn't the case.
Norway's birth rate is 1.55
UK's birth rate is 1.56
But Norway pays way, way more in child benefits, with a population of just 5,000,000 people.
1721906383697.png

Page 5

Large families looks much of a cultural thing.

According to who?
Himself of course. No evidence. Just an interpretation of the news. Nuts in my view but there are all sorts of types about and he is an example.
I didn't say anything in return. No point when some one's brain has been twisted this much.

Sponsored Links
Back