The Head of the Company.....

Unless of course someone admits it was an 'accident waiting to happen'...

Which tends to mean that a person has foreknowledge, and thus culpability!

Surely all accidents are 'waiting to happen', doesn't sound like a confession to me.

Sponsored Links
Which tends to mean that a person has foreknowledge, and thus culpability!

No it means he now has hindsight, and may prefer people to think it was an accident.

But it was no accident, many people are culpable, and they should be hauled up before a court of law.

The MD also said that his company cannot be responsible for how the materials that they produce are installed.
Which kind of makes sense.
If I install a metal support RSJ, and do not add suitable fire protection, and it fails in a fire. Are the people who made the RSJ responsible.
He did say that it is the installers responsibility to ensure materials used are safe in the environment in which they are used.
Well you can't argue with that.
Add to that, that the government were aware of the dangers due to previous issues on other buildings, but took no action.

:rolleyes: Totally different scenario

fire tests at the factory were either fiddled or brushed under the carpet

so the factory knew that there priduct was not up to snuff and did not pass fire regs and was therefore not fit for purpose

Sponsored Links
so the factory knew that there priduct was not up to snuff and did not pass fire regs
Which one?

PIR foam board is flammable - no secret there. There are 'fire resistant' PIR systems out there but I guess these are expensive. Do you know which ones the contractors used and were subsequently passed by inspectors?

Last edited:
Back