Threat to second home owners

laws apply across the board not just to rural areas.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
a double whammy on middle-class homeowners by targeting Britons who have bought second homes in rural areas or inherited property from relatives.
They are trailing the idea of blocking city dwellers from snapping up village homes, or landing them with hefty council tax bills if they do.
:?: :?:

pipme said:
kendor said:
a double whammy on middle-class homeowners by targeting Britons who have bought second homes in rural areas or inherited property from relatives.
They are trailing the idea of blocking city dwellers from snapping up village homes, or landing them with hefty council tax bills if they do.
:?: :?:
No i mean the law banning second houses should apply across the country not just in rural areas, not clearly posted sorry.

Sooo if i want to sell my house and can't because only second timers want it, whats to stop me selling to a foriegn national who would like a second home in england. Or will it be compulsory purchased by building control? This law which is almost complete is another erosion of our freedom. all part of prescotts plan to make all housing state owned!!
If the goverment were sincere about 1st time buyers they should bring back the tax relief (dream on) they (and the tories) scrapped.

Sponsored Links
confidentincompetent said:
Sooo if i want to sell my house and can't because only second timers want it, whats to stop me selling to a foriegn national who would like a second home in england. Or will it be compulsory purchased by building control? This law which is almost complete is another erosion of our freedom. all part of prescotts plan to make all housing state owned!!
If the goverment were sincere about 1st time buyers they should bring back the tax relief (dream on) they (and the tories) scrapped.

Normally i would be in total agreement with you but in this case for 2 reasons i am not and this is because----

The pressure on the countryside and the effect on local people etc etc etc

Also because owning two houses affects the economy so much that any hiccup could bring on an untimely resession as we have already seen before---its too powerful a market force to just let go willy nilly and accept whatever happens it has to be controlled

I told you
I said:
I suspect that these buyers for investment purposes will, sooner or later, be targetted by the government (if not this one, It's bound to happen). My guess is some sort of change to capital gains taxation. As soon as it happens, they will all be clamouring to sell their portfolios and the price of property could take a nose dive. When it does, remember, you heard it here first. :cool:
:cool: :cool:

None of it would be so bad if the dosh they pull wasn't being diverted straight into for example German doctors' bank accounts ... Strange how the old Jerries apparently earn less in Germany and seem that unstressed that they can work here over weekends ... I thought the docs were totally stressed out ?

:D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back