Tight 13A socket

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

The problem is definitely not the plugs (various) that I use, it is very much a socket issue and just one of the two. I don't think that I will use the WD40 route - I'll take it apart and if the solution is not obvious then I will replace it.

Sponsored Links
I'll take it apart and if the solution is not obvious then I will replace it.
There will be nothing to see. Everything is enclosed in the plastic enclosure. You'd have to drill out a couple of side rivets and then.......
oh I can't be bothered. Look at this taking apart of a good quality (MK) socket...
in comparison, here's a really cheap one (watch from half-way through)
I wouldn't bother. Even if you can take it apart, you'll not get it back together again!

If the box is still sound you can get just the guts in the same brand snd fit it in your housing for a fraction of the cost.
Bg snd mk are the common types and can be easilyb swopped out in the old box once removed, takes about 2 minutes

Sponsored Links
Screwfix do them quite cheap BG WP22 and often on offer, about 12 pound a unit, this week there actually £9.99 though the Bg white socket alone that fits Inside uses just 2 screws and removed in seconds is about 4 quid as its got neons bit harder to get though, if you can go without the neons there off the shelf for about 3 quid.
Either is a direct fit into the housing in seconds
Google Bg Nexus white (with or without Neons)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back