to moderator

I think posting links which either answer another posters questions or provide info on where they can buy a whatever should be allowed.

The only reason for wanting to delete these posts must be because the site doesn't earn any revenue from the adverts. Considering the amount of advertising the site is already doing, I doubt very much that their pocket is being hit very hard.

Do mods have rules too? Surely you should be consistent in your deletions/amendments rather than the current spate of randomness.

Mods may give their time free, but so do we. This is supposed to be an information exchange, and most of us use it for that purpose.

Sponsored Links
i wish i went to bed a little later last night!

i think tonight i should report EVERY external link and anything that advertises.... ill be on for hours!

now what counts as advertising?

telling people to go buy a multimeter to do test work? i suspose 1 more person will buy one so thats advertising

same with ratchet crimps to join a cable etc etc.

i had a quick look thru some other subforms and there was also other links helping people, altho to the mod this is also advertising so i think ill report them aswell. looks like the mod will be busy tonight.

Sponsored Links
ok not actually selling these but want to test the mods resonce this item is so much fun and errr hard to put down

ps i know why mods take adverts off cos if they didnt we would have massive amounts on by new member purelly to sell there goods

pps buy my powerballs lol nah seriously follow the link to the world record 15000 rpm i can only get mine to 12555 and it shakes my arm off

Having watched that video, it looks to me as if there's only sort of activity that the device trains you for....

Seeing as the MODS and probably ADMIN are reading and replying to messages, I thought this may be a good time to ask.....

Who actually owns, runs and operates this site?

Easy tigers !!!

I've only been away for a week and I come back to near civil war. Things appear to have got a bit out of hand.

First things first, in fairness to the moderators the rules as they stand indicate no advertising and they have upheld these vehemently.

Regarding the ebay posts I think in this case the rules don't fit; if the item is in response to somebody's request/query/problem etc then I think the link is justified if it answers or helps their query. If however the link is in a new topic, then even though it may not be to the personal gain of the poster these types of posts should be avoided as we don't want the forum cluttered with links to products that may be of 'interest'.

Clear as mud :)

I hope this will prevent any confusion in the future and apologies to Ban-All-Sheds for the wrongdoing :)

I will be contacting the moderators to clarify this issue today :)

Hope that helps :)

DIYnot.com

ps supersparks I hope you're joking :)

Zampa said:
Seeing as the MODS and probably ADMIN are reading and replying to messages, I thought this may be a good time to ask.....

Who actually owns, runs and operates this site?

Any chance of an answer then?....I wasnt looking for names and addresses...just wondered that was all. :)

Just a couple of enthusiasts & professionals in the home/diy arena back in 2000, still going strong :)

Sponsored Links
Back