toilet 20 mm higher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will be tiling the bathroom floor soon, and with plywood+tiles the toilet will be 20 mm higher. Can do the soldering work for the pipe to the cistern, but what about the waste pipe? I tried the original one (it goes straight to the wall) but there isn't enough play....Do they sell flexible connections? Any suggestions?

BTW, I fixed the radiator pipe, thanks for the advise

Sponsored Links
A stepped down multiquik should do the trick.
ps you will be there for ever and a day if you gonny try and solder a pipe thats had water in it .
Best suggestion for a DIY is to cut back pipe and just fit a (liked by some loathed by others) flexi.

petetheleak said:
Best suggestion for a DIY is to cut back pipe and just fit a (liked by some loathed by others) flexi.

The bathroom is upstairs, if I turn off the main and turn on all the taps downstairs that should empty the pipes. Failing that I'll use a flexi.
The problem is that the pipe is so close to the wall that I cannot fit the pipe cutter...Has anyone ever tried an angle grinder???

Only if I wanted to mangle the pipe.

Try using a sharp hacksaw, but you'll need to file and debur the pipe end.

Watch that you don't mishape the pipe.

Sponsored Links
could you pls find me a pic of this stepped down multiquick? I had a search on the internet and couldnt find it....just to understand what I'm looking for...not sure I've seen anything like that in major DIY stores

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back