Toilet Seat Remaval

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can’t seem to remove this toilet seat, any ideas? It does not have any buttons nor when I open the lid and seat to 45 or 90 deg it doesn’t lift out

Thanks

Attachments

• 94325FA4-BDE7-41B8-9E7A-DEECFCDA795E.jpeg
    94325FA4-BDE7-41B8-9E7A-DEECFCDA795E.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
the buttons on the side should push in , which allows the seat to be pulled up

we have 2 pans like that - comfort height pans

Attachments

• 94325FA4-BDE7-41B8-9E7A-DEECFCDA795E.jpeg
    94325FA4-BDE7-41B8-9E7A-DEECFCDA795E.jpeg
    504.9 KB · Views: 24
They don't look like buttons. But is that an allen key hole in the top on each side (blue)? Or are there buttons on each end (green arrow)? When you get the lid off those chrome caps just pop off and then you can access the screws that hold them in place.

toilet.jpg

I got it off. The silver components are covers and slip off allowing the seat to be removed.

The chrome fixings on the pan, one is secure and the other is not. The slack one can’t tighten or loosen and just keeps turning. How’s it best to remove and replace as I can’t access behind or underneath as the fixing is hidden?

Sponsored Links
I got it off. The silver components are covers and slip off allowing the seat to be removed.

The chrome fixings on the pan, one is secure and the other is not. The slack one can’t tighten or loosen and just keeps turning. How’s it best to remove and replace as I can’t access behind or underneath as the fixing is hidden?
Pull hard on loose one before tightening if doing by hand, a power driver may overcome the spinning by tightening quickly.
If it won’t tighten remove using same method , pull while unscrewing to jam fitting below pan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back