Triton t80z no start after shower

No, no level sensor, don't think it makes a big difference as long as its hanging fairly vertically plum, its the mounting surface behind it that should be flat.

Sponsored Links
Could be barking up the wrong tree!!, have a good look at the pullcord switch terminals and wiring.

Listening to that again, sounds like a pump running but the T80 Z is just a mains driven shower and the T80 SR (Silent Running) is the pumped version supplied from a CWSC.

Edit
Just home now after a few days away, I too have a T80 Z (Fastfit) and if I keep pressing the start/stop rapidly I get a similiar sound which is the solenoid valve opening/closing, I get a spurt of water from the shower head each time I do this.
Still sounds like a pump running though on yours!!.

Last edited:
Was there an extractor fan running in the room when you made the video ,it sounds like a background noise rather than from the shower itself ?

Sponsored Links
It's possible, if unlikely, since the problem is there from installation, that the solenoid coil is breaking down when the shower gets hot, a reasonable (and safe) test can be carried out immediately after someons has used the shower, switch off the power at the MCB/RCBO, switch on the pull cord, press the start button once and check the resistance at the MCB/RCBO L to N, shower side, should get ~ 3.5k ohms, I got 3.53k ohms on mine when tested on installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back