Vauxhall Astra Clutch Pedal issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

just brought my self a Vauxhall Astra TDCI and noticed the clutch pedal started to sink and struggled to get into gear. from research i understand this is common with Vauxhall. iv had the fly Wheel, master Cylinder and and Slave Cylinder changed.. day after getting it back from the garage i woke up and the clutch pedal and sunk again over night. if i pull it back up the car drives fine fluid is topped up and no leaks visable.. has anyone got any theory as to why the clutch pedal is still sinking?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
this is the same issue before they replaced all the above. i'm wondering if anything else can be wrong, something simple. looking at the car history the car had all this changed 2 years ago...

Master cylinder pressurises the fluid, forcing the slave to move.

If enough fluid, no leaks, and no pressure, then it doesn't leave much else.

Take it back

can it intake air without loosing fluid as i got told maybe it needs bleeding but considering they had the car 5 days doing the work they had plenty of time to bleed it unless it still has some air. would like to think that's the logical reason.

can it intake air without loosing fluid as i got told maybe it needs bleeding but considering they had the car 5 days doing the work they had plenty of time to bleed it unless it still has some air. would like to think that's the logical reason.
Air would give you a spongy pedal, or a pedal that never clears, no reason it would allow it to sink. If it works at times, it's not air that's the issue.

It's a master cylinder issue.

Sponsored Links
Back