Vents for eaves and tile vents

I'm trying find video or illustrations to assist without going up in the loft first
It's not a fun place to work, especially if your roof is shallow pitched or if the roof timbers aren't very deep. We tend to go straight up through the roof via a multi-slate and a mush' cowled pipe.
When you look at a typical eaves detail (without the battens and membrane), you'll see that there is not a lot of room to work the duct around. Some scenarios are better than others, depending how deep the roof timbers are...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's not a fun place to work, especially if your roof is shallow pitched or if the roof timbers aren't very deep. We tend to go straight up through the roof via a multi-slate and a mush' cowled pipe.
When you look at a typical eaves detail (without the battens and membrane), you'll see that there is not a lot of room to work the duct around. Some scenarios are better than others, depending how deep the roof timbers are...

Thank you for that. It's awkward to get 4 inch elbow out of that. Not a fan of the loft as it is!

What about get some vents for the eaves? I got some flat roof I can stand on from the outside, are they easier to install?

If you are venting straight through the roof would you use the centrifugal fan?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back