verbal abuse !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it that when someone says "It goes without saying!" they always then say the words, that should not have been said?

Sponsored Links
It's probably for the benefit of Peter. Whenever anyone wants me to do something really obvious, it's ususally for Pete's sake. I've no idea who he his, but he seems to be really lazy and thick, narrow minded, pedantic and spoiled something rotton :LOL:

I suppose that goes with that little village by the river, what's it called -
Sundry-on-Thames. It must have a massive population. How many times do you hear people refer to "All in Sundry".

Sponsored Links
Many people say "with all due respect", right before they say something rather disrespectful... unless they mean by this that no respect is due. :LOL:

"With all due respect, you're a stinky moron!" :eek:

Yeah, but at least I'm not ugly!!

My sis gave me a card for my birthday with 2 large drinkers on the front.

One said "Your round"

Inside the card, the other replied "And you're a fat b@st@rd!!"

AdamW said:
Many people say "with all due respect", right before they say something rather disrespectful... unless they mean by this that no respect is due. :LOL:

That's exactly what is meant. It's also a convenient way of disagreeing with a superior - "With respect, that's a load of toss!... Sir."

For reasons best known to myself, I was stood in the witness box in a Crown Court one day when this clever barrister asked me how high the escalator went; well what an opener, I looked at the judge, then back to the barrister and said, "with all due respect sir, it went right to the top!"

It got a laugh from the jury, and I just shrugged my shoulders, and luckily the officials saw the funny side too.

Hmm. How many of us are wondering Planenut + Escalator + Crown Court = WHAT CRIME?

The only association of crime and escalators I know of is the fuel tax escalator...

I knew a guy who fell down an escalator at a tube station: he was absolutely blotto, just tumbled down, and ended up with his face looking like Freddy Krueger had had a go at it. :eek: Don't think he ever rang Accident Claims Helpline type companies, him being in a virtually liquid state when it happened, I don't think it would have been seen as someone else's fault!

Doesn't really matter what type of case (not stair-case), but due to the direction of travel of the said moving thingumjig, I wasn't going down.....

No offence taken, just to say, I wasn't on the fence, or on the defence.
( or de gate, come to that!"

AdamW said:
I knew a guy who fell down an escalator at a tube station: he was absolutely blotto, just tumbled down, and ended up with his face looking like Freddy Krueger had had a go at it. :eek: Don't think he ever rang Accident Claims Helpline type companies, him being in a virtually liquid state when it happened, I don't think it would have been seen as someone else's fault!
there you are minding your own business having a quiet drink, next thing your life ESCALATES out of control! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back