Wall plate into top course of brick?

The key thing is that they are designed for walls with no further loading on top of them to hold them down. Whilst it does state masonry walls, I can't see why they would not be useful for your situation. You could get the Simpson tech team to confirm.
Thanks @^woody^ - I have emailed them already, but I might try giving them a call tomorrow, and if all good will see if they can follow up in writing, as I imagine my BCO will want to see it.

If they come back and say no, is my option above viable, with the long leg hangers? Bit of a side note too, but would I need any DPC under this sole plate? It's going to be covered by the eaves.

Sponsored Links
Those speedy hangers are designed for timber, and whilst possible to fit to masonry its whether its practical or not to fit them in your situation - the legs should wrap over and down the back of the wall (which you probably can't do) and the front needs fixing - drill and plugs?

If the tech team say those other hangers are not possible, they should be able to say which are.

No DPC required

Those speedy hangers are designed for timber, and whilst possible to fit to masonry its whether its practical or not to fit them in your situation - the legs should wrap over and down the back of the wall (which you probably can't do) and the front needs fixing - drill and plugs?

If the tech team say those other hangers are not possible, they should be able to say which are.

No DPC required
Yeah I would be attaching to timber with the long ones - 6 on the 'front' face of a 4x3 (i.e. the 3 inch side), then wrapped over and 12 on top, and 8 on the back, there would be about 80mm excess which I could snip off.

I'll give Simpson a ring tomorrow and see if they can confirm either, and go with the hook over ones if possible as they are much simpler. Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Just posting incase anyone is curious:

I got through to the tech team at Simpson, who informed me that you are not allowed to use the safety fast lite hangers on anything other than masonry. The other option I mentioned with the extra long hangers was the advisors preferred method - I expressed concern that I could only get 6 fixings into the face but the requirement is 8, and he said as long as I add extra fixings into the top or back, and properly bolt/ strap down the sole plate, it will be more than adequate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back