Washing machine NTC sensor resistance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bosch WAE28162GB/09

What resistance value should the sensor have at 17° C room temperature? .........I've measured 5kΩ with my meter!

The water isn't heating. I've measured the heater element resistance and that's 27Ω.

full

Sponsored Links
There are various resistance values for thermistors, but it would be a fairly safe assumption to make - that if the resistance value changed predictably, with a change in temperature, that the thermistor is OK.

I found listed on eSpares for my model and the unit in the photo has 4.8k stamped on it although it may be a generic photo.

Bosch WAE28162GB/09

What resistance value should the sensor have at 17° C room temperature? .........I've measured 5kΩ with my meter!

The water isn't heating. I've measured the heater element resistance and that's 27Ω.

Failing to turn the heater on, could be the water level sensor, not able to detect the water level in the drum.

Is it indicating an error?

Sponsored Links
Failing to turn the heater on, could be the water level sensor, not able to detect the water level in the drum.

Is it indicating an error?
I can investigate. No errors flagged up and water level seems appropriate judging by what I see.

I've looked at the water level sensor, pipe and wire connections. All seem good. I took the sensor off and checked the contacts for n/o and n/c operation with the meter while blowing air in to the spout. Not sure which should open and close but the diaphragm works. Two wires with spade connection and a small plug with two thinner wires.

I did an empty run and the water filled to about an inch or so above the rotating drum.

For the fun of it, I unplugged and took the programmer out but all seemed good.

Any suggestions for further investigation welcome. Bosch model WAE28162GB/09

I did an empty run and the water filled to about an inch or so above the rotating drum.

For the fun of it, I unplugged and took the programmer out but all seemed good.

Any suggestions for further investigation welcome. Bosch model WAE28162GB/09

All seemed to be OK, from the tests you've done. Next step would be to check the operation of the relay, or triac, which powers the heater.

There's no heater relay plugged into the module that I can see.

The two wires off the ntc sensor lug into the main module and appear to have good continuity.

The water level sensor has a two pin plug with the other end plugged into the module. There's no continuity between the sensor's contacts for either position of the sensor's diaphragm. The two spade contacts have continuity when pressure is applied to the spout.

full

Last edited:
its a relay on the main front pcb its a relay
its got a relay and always had a relay

I found the triac in question. Its fixed to a heat sink on the pcb.
Watching a few videos on YT, I tested it and appears to be faulty so I got the part number of it and ordered one.

Will post the results of fitting the new triac.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back