Washing machine NTC sensor resistance

Just to update, I sourced and fitted a new triac yet still no warm water after 10 minutes run on a 60° wash cycle.

There appears to be four relays on the board but no idea each how pin on the relays connects and it would mean removing them to test.

I suppose an easy option is to pour some hot water into the drum before loading each wash.

full

Sponsored Links
well done at last you found the relay the triac is for the motor the relay you want is the one next to the heater plug

Have removed and check the two relays nearest the heater wire terminals and both are good.

Seems its a chip fault on the pcb that's stopping the heater from working.

Sponsored Links
Update!

I retested all the wires to/from the ntc and heater element and all are good. I've replaced the triac and tested the relays and all are good.

I fitted a replacement water level sensor, the seller advising which contacts should be open/closed for both pressure/non-pressure positions and seems well there.

Unless one of the brown wire multi-plugs on the controller pcb is plugged into the wrong socket (before it left the factory), then I'd say its the pcb that has the fault preventing the heater working. I not going to swap multi-plugs around for fear of damaging the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back